CITCO Grand Prix events
Round 1 Tuesday, 23 April 2019 – Kikuoka – Martin Shapiro
Round 2 Tuesday, 7 May 2019 – Grand Ducal – Rob Lessure
Round 3 Wednesday, 22 May 2019 – Preisch – Mark Houston
Round 4 Wednesday, 5 June 2019 – Kikuoka — William Heath
Round 5 Wednesday, 12 June 2019 – Junglinster – Maarten de Groot
Round 6 Wednesday, 3 July 2019 – Preisch – Neil Underwood
Round 7 Wednesday, 31 July 2019 – Preisch – Richard Neale
Round 8 Wednesday, 14 August 2019 – Kikuoka – Joost Mees
Round 9 Wednesday, 21 August 2019 – Grand Ducal – Frank Maitry
Round 10 Wednesday, 28 August 2019 – Preisch – Stefano Ciccarello
5 October 2019 – Kikuoka
Wednesday 26 June — Junglinster – Martin Shapiro
Bijnens Beer 3 club challenge
Wednesday 17 July – Junglinster – Marco Bus
Saturday 13 July — Kikuoka
FROGS Starter Instructions
As in recent seasons, we will be ensuring that a Starter is appointed for each event in advance. It is the responsibility of the Starter for each event to send out the invites, collect replies, organise tee times, advise all Froggies of tee times well in advance of the event, act as the actual “starter” on the evening, send people off, collect money for tee times and check who is eating.
This arrangement has been made to lighten the burden of invites and organisation that has been traditionally carried by one person throughout the season.
So, the list of your tasks is as follows:
1. Send out an email to all Froggies 1 week before the event inviting them to participate. Ensure to make it VERY CLEAR in your email that all replies concerning the event come back to you personally.
2. You will now need to create your list of tee times (the tee time slots will have been advised to you) with names allocated to each slot (2017-citco-start-list-example).
3. Send out the tee time list to all Froggies well in advance of the event and make sure you take two copies of the list (showing members and guests) with you when you go the club. You will also need a copy of the latest handicap list, obtainable from Ernest Foy or as published on the FROGS website (available here).
4. You should plan to arrive at the course at least 20 minutes before the first scheduled tee-off. When you arrive, introduce yourself in the Clubhouse as the FROGGISTARTER, collect score cards, pencils and the LD, NP markers from the Clubhouse. Obtain the phone no. of whoever needs to know the final numbers for dinner.
5. On the first tee, decide which holes you want to nominate for LD, NP, and then:
A. Collect green fees and note down who has paid what. Distribute score cards, pencils; confirm handicaps; announce LD, NP.
B. Confirm whether people are staying for dinner and note down (no need to collect money for dinner).
C. As a general rule, flights should be maximum three players. You don’t need to stick too rigidly to the starting schedule although Match Play should happen as planned. Basically, as players arrive, make sure you send flights out as quickly as possible. If exceptionally you need to send out a four-ball, make sure that you send four good players out together to ensure quick play.
D. Remind all players that QUICK PLAY is essential. As soon as a player cannot score on a hole, he should pick up.
E. Before teeing off yourself, phone the restaurant with the numbers for dinner, then try and relax and play!
Any problems, phone
Luc De Vet (621 327 466) or Dave Winters (621 133 770).
As soon as you get into the clubhouse after playing give the list of entrants, eaters and green fee payers plus the money to one of the people listed above.